- The present village, is known as the municipal district of Kalivia, part of the municipality of Agrinio, in Aetolia & Acarnania of West Greece.
- The area climate tends toward hot summers and mild short winters in the low lying areas, with cool winters dominating in the mountain areas.
- Mountains dominate the north, northeast, west and southeast, especially the Acarnanian Mountains. The longest and main river is the Acheloos, which ends as a delta in wetlands to the southwest on a rich fertile valley.
- The village is located at an altitude of 30 meters on the west side of the valley of Agrinio, near the banks of the Achelous River, 10 km west of the city of Agrinio and at a distance of 35 km from Messolonghi.
- The municipal district of Kalivia has a total area of 33,651 acres of farmland.
- Almost all the land of Kalivia is a creation of the debris deposits that the river Achelous has brought in the area over time.